Now that we know prolonged sitting is killing your health, it is essential to stand up & exercise regularly in your office!
All you need is just 5 minutes! Let’s see what are the must-do stretching exercises…!
Make sure you stretch and stay for at least 15 seconds for each exercise!
⭐ 1. Neck Stretching Exercises
1. Look up and tilt your head to one side, then use your hand of the same side to push you forehead back; the other hand should rest behind your back. You should feel the stretch over the front side of the neck!
2. Simply tilt your head to one side, then use your hand of the same side to stretch even more; the other hand should rest behind your back. You should feel the stretch over the lateral side of the neck!
3. Turn your head and look down towards your armpit, then use your hand of the same side to push you head down; the other hand should rest behind your back. You should feel the stretch over the back side of the neck!
4. Chin Tuck. Use your index and middle finger to push your chin backwards.
⭐ 2. Chest Stretching Exercises
* Door/Corner Stretch (Do NOT arch your back!)
Whenever doing this stretch, make sure to tighten your abdominal muscles, and bow-standing, then lean forward to feel the stretch over your chest muscles.
A. Stretch with your elbow lower than the shoulder level.
B. Stretch with your elbow at the same level of the shoulder .
C. Stretch with your elbow higher than the shoulder level.
⭐ 3. Scapular (Shoulder Blade) Squeeze Stretch
1. Put both hands behind your back.
2. Squeeze your shoulder blades, then raise both arm up! (keep your elbow straight all the time)
⭐ 4. Lateral Torso Stretch
* Raise your arm and grab the elbow with the other hand, then laterally stretch your trunk.
⭐ 5. Lower Back Stretch
* Sit on the edge of your chair, then grab both elbow together.
* Slowly bend down your whole trunk, then relax, let the gravity do the stretch!
⭐ 6. Forearm Stretch
* Keep your elbow straight all the time!
1. Palm down, stretching your wrist extensors.
2. Palm up, stretching your wrist flexors.
3. Palm down & make a full fist, stretching your wrist and finger extensor muscles.
Overall, these stretching exercises take less than 5 minutes to complete them, and every office worker should stretch every one or two hours at work.
Now STOP reading! Go for your office stretching NOW! ?
Andrew believes rehab-related knowledge should be easy to learn and follow at home, because "knowledge is power only when we can share it" !