Now that we already know what tennis elbow is, it is essential to understand the “Do’s and Don’ts” to prevent tennis elbow , especially if you are in the high risk occupation.
Among all these tips, the most important principle is…
Always keep your elbow bending in 90 degree, and palm up whenever you are lifting, carrying or holding any object.
⭐ Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) Modification:
* Driving: Hold the steering wheel at 4-8 clock position, not 2-10 position. Ideally, with a small pillow support under the elbow will be great.
* Loading / Unloading dishwasher: Instead of reaching out with elbow straight, use two hands with elbow bending.
* Door knob: The leverage type is always better!
* Pulling out wet clothes from laundry machine: Use your hands to loosen up the clothes then unload them with two palm-up hands.
* Sleeping: Avoid pulling your blanket with straight arms, make sure you bend your elbow with palm up when pulling it.
Last but not the least, exercises!
Appropriate cardio exercises (brisk walking, jogging, swimming) and muscle strengthening are not only part of the treatment, they also help to prevent tennis elbow!
Next, how can you Treat Tennis Elbow?